- 1 1/2 tablespoons Aleppo pepper (If you don’t have Aleppo pepper you can use a mixture of 2 teaspoons dried crushed red pepper plus 2 teaspoons paprika)
- 1 cup plain Greek-style yogurt (I use Fage or Oikos yogurt)
- 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 lemons
1. Place Aleppo pepper (or red pepper/paprika mixture) in large bowl and mix in 1 tablespoon warm water. Let stand until thick paste forms, about 5 minutes. Add yogurt, olive oil, red wine vinegar, tomato paste, 2 teaspoons coarse salt, and 1 teaspoon black pepper to spice mixture in bowl; whisk to blend. Stir in garlic and lemon slices and place mixture in a bag and add chicken. Marinade in the fridge either overnight or at least 1 hour.
Also makes a great recipe for kabobs!