It was a green goddess night at our house the other night. I was so excited to make this because Corey loves the green goddess soup and what could be better than a green goddess grilled cheese dunked in green goddess soup? We had some unannounced guests so I was nervous since I had never made it before. Luckily it surpassed my expectations and everyone licked their plates clean! Try it, pretty please!!
Green Goddess Grilled Cheese – (adapted from Panini Happy) Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 15 min | Total time: 30 min | Yield: 4-6
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime zest (about 1 lime)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon (I didn’t have this so I substituted for a few shakes of thyme and oregano)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot (you can also use a yellow onion)
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cut into smaller cubes
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 8-12 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Combine garlic, lime zest, parsley, tarragon (or spices), cilantro, basil, shallot, mustard and cream cheese and pulse in a food processor until well blended. Transfer to a medium-sized bowl and stir in the mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.
2. Preheat pan to medium-high heat. Butter one side of two pieces of bread, sandwhich cheese mixture on the non-buttered sides and cook until browned on both sides. For a little added crunch you can broil for a few minutes on each side.