I found this recipe via pinterest (obviously) and we are convinced it is the best way to make broccoli ever! It even says on almost every pin “BEST BROCCOLI EVERRRR!!” It is baked so it makes it crispy, which I absolutely love! It’s unlike any other kind of broccoli I’ve ever had and although I like broccoli, even a sworn broccoli-hater would like this, swear! Try it, now!
Crispy baked broccoli (aka – the best broccoli ever)
- 1 bunch of broccoli (unwashed or if you must, dry thoroughly – explanation below)
- Minced garlic
- Olive oil
- Lemon zest
- Juice from half of a lemon
- Parmessan cheese (or feta but parm is better)
1. Preheat the oven to 425. Cut broccoli into florets (but relatively big ones.) Famed cook Jacques Pepin once revealed he doesn’t wash a chicken before putting it in a hot oven because: “The heat kills all the germs, if bacteria could survive that oven, it deserves to kill me.” By that logic, I opted not to wash my broccoli which is why I believe it gets so crispy and brown. If you’re nervous though, go ahead and rinse it but make sure to dry it thoroughly.
2. Cover a cookie sheet with tinfoil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Toss broccoli florets with olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl until covered then spread out on the cookie sheet.
4. Add optional items if desired. I never felt it was necessary….