Summer is NOT over yet, so ignore all of those “back-to-school” commercials, all the buzz about fall fashions and the random bout of kind of chilly weather that rolled in (if you’re in Chicago you know what I am talking about…BURR!). I love making grilled mushrooms, they are tasty, take almost no time to prep or cook and they are super healthy – my three criteria –check– Here are two ways to make them:
Portobello mushroom burger (Recipe adapted from Simply Recipes)
- 2 portobello mushroom caps
- Olive oil
- Seasoning – You can use Italian, a poultry seasoning, really anything!
- Salt and pepper
- Balsamic vinegar
- Optional: bun, cheese, onion, basil or lettuce, tomato, mayo
1. Wash mushroom caps and scoop out the majority of the black part (no need to get aggressive with it)
2. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar and spices.
3. Brush mixture over mushroom caps. Sprinkle salt and pepper as needed right before you put it on the grill. Grill the mushroom caps 4-5 minutes per side.