Corey’s cousin and his wife brought these over last weekend when we had them over for dinner and I just about died! I can’t handle spicy foods and thought jalapeno poppers would obviously be spicy so I was kind of afraid to try them but I was mistaken. I can’t even tell you how delicious they are and while they definitely could be healthier, they aren’t pigs-in-a-blanket so I say a few won’t kill ya! I cut this recipe in half since 1 jalapeno makes 2 poppers Thank you Jon and Anna Lena!! Here is their recipe:
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 15 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tablespoon skim milk
- 1 1/2 cups crushed corn flake cereal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, sharp Cheddar cheese and mayonnaise. Stuff jalapeno halves with the mixture.
- Whisk together eggs and milk in a small bowl. Place crushed corn flake cereal in a separate small bowl.
- Dip each stuffed jalapeno half into the egg and milk mixture, then roll in corn flake cereal to coat.
- Arrange in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until filling is bubbly and lightly browned.