I found this fabulous recipe on Fave Diets and was so excited to try it. Everybody loves chicken fingers. It is the staple meal that kid order at a restaurants, maybe second next to buttered noodles. Thankfully those days of picky palates are over and we can now enjoy a much more healthifed grown up version! The best part about it is, it was super easy to make. And on those night when you work late, your tired and reallllly don’t feel like cooking – this is the kind of recipe you want to have in your back pocket.
- 2 eggs (or egg whites)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups high fiber cereal, ground (I also added some ground popchips, melba toast and Panco crumbs for variation this is where you can get creative with it)
- 1 pound chicken tenders or chicken breasts, cut into strips
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Beat egg whites in a small bowl. Add the honey and beat with a whisk.
5. Place strips in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet (you can line the sheet with foil or parchment paper to make clean-up easier).
6. Bake for 12 minutes, or until cooked through